Maynard Ecology Center at Neville Place
650 Concord Ave.
The Thomas M. Maynard Ecology Center is a Cambridge Public Schools science education resource located near the Fresh Pond Reservation in West Cambridge directed by Susan Agger. The Center is set up as an informal science-learning environment and is used as a base for students to explore the surrounding Fresh Pond Reservation and Black’s Nook Pond. Outdoor field investigations enhance and support the Cambridge science curriculum.
Curriculum Field Investigations by grade level:
- First Grade - Living Things
- Second Grade - Soils & Life Cycles
- Third Grade - Habitats Study
- Fourth Grade - Investigating Changing Earth
- Fifth Grade - Weather and Water
- Sixth Grade - Biology
- Seventh Grade - Diversity of Life & Dynamic Earth (in school field experience)
- High School - Environmental Science and Independent Study
All field investigations are aligned with the Massachusetts Science Technology/Engineering Framework.